Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, Health & Pain Management Facilitator, Coach, Speaker, and Author of Empower! Women's Stories of Breakthrough, Discovery and Triumph.
I am also a wife, mother, sister, aunt, friend and many other titles that are part of my life. I mention these because when I was faced with debilitating pain I lost who I was for a time. As a child, teen and young adult, I felt like I was all alone in the world. My only focus was to survive the best way I knew how. Pushing through any challenges with hard work and perseverance. Be strong and don't let anyone see you suffering.
Then one day, I saw my life crumbling and finally reached out. A turning point for me was someone acknowledging that my pain was real, leaving me feeling heard and supported.
After being told for many years that my own chronic pain was incurable, and frustrated by the lack of answers and options available, I decided to go back to school to get the answers that I was looking for. Now as a registered therapeutic counsellor, facilitator of wellness programs and a person who recovered from my own chronic pain I bring a wealth of understanding, experience and a wide range of skills to empower others to create optimal health in their lives.
These are my Philosophies and Beliefs
- I am all about creating a safe space that allows you to explore, just be you, create awareness, and play with concepts.
- We all have believes about ourselves that limit us, discovering them gives us freedom of choice.
- We all have the ability, wisdom and courage to create a life filled with purpose and love no matter what our challenges are.
- We often are bombarded with "to dos" and put ourselves last on the priority, spending little time actually thinking or planning what we want out of our lives.
- I believe that we often have a fear of failure, fear of being judged, or a fear that we are not good enough that keeps us trapped.
- There's a strong connection (and research) between accumulated stress and chronic conditions.
- With the right support people can make dramatic changes to their quality of life.
- I see my role as being that of someone who has your best interest at heart, while being empathetic, non-judgemental, and I will teach you skills to guide you, allowing you to have powerful changes in your live.